Discover Five Ways You Can Lower the Temperature in You Garage This Summer
No one wants a hot garage in the summer but all too often homeowners assume that they have no choice. The truth is that if you use your garage as a gathering place, to do woodworking, or otherwise need to be inside it in the summer, there are a few ways you can lower the temperature. Check out these five options and then contact Dynamic Garage Door at 855-343-3667 if you are in need of a new garage door.
- Don’t Park Your Car in the Garage If the entire point of your garage is to park your care there, then this option will not work. However, if you use it for several purposes, you can keep it from heating up as much by temporarily not parking your car inside it. Remember that when you get home, your car is hot from driving. This can heat up the garage. Your car will also cool down faster if you park it outside rather than in a closed garage.
- Open the Windows If your garage has windows, open them. This is an obvious solution but because many people do not spend much time in the garage, they do not consider it. Just make sure that you close them up at night or other times you are concerned about safety and security.
- Leave it Open Ideally you would be able to leave it open for a few hours per day. Of course, if you have valuables in it then this might not be a possibility if you are not outside. However, one of the easiest, quickest, and most effective ways to dramatically cool off your garage is to open the garage door. This is essentially like opening on one huge window that can cool the room off.
- Install a Ceiling Fan or AC in Your Garage If you spend a lot of time working in your garage, then you might consider installing a window AC unit or a small portable air conditioner. If you decide to go the route of installing a ceiling fan, you should choose a fan that has industrial strength and strong blades. Remember that anything that is dropped within the garage, such as sawdust if you are working on a woodworking project, can get into the blades.
- Add Insulation to Your Garage Insulation in your garage does the same thing it does in the rest of your home – it helps to keep it cooler in the summer and helps it retain heat in the winter. This can have a significant impact on the temperature in your home if your home is attached to your garage. If you are looking to make changes to your garage door, we suggest you contact Dynamic Garage Door at 855-343-3667 right away.